How to exclude "C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Logs\WMITracing.log" in Vista

norel

Can anyone tell me how to add "C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Logs\WMITracing.log" to Exclude in CCleaner on Vista? CC doesn't analyze this file but then deletes it, or reports that it deletes it anyway, but I'm not sure it even does. As soon as I run CC, if I go to the Logs folder where WMITracing.log is, it's still there. So it's either not being cleaned or it's recreating itself as soon as it's deleted. I suspect the former. When I try to exclude it, I get an error that says I don't have permission to access it. If I go directly to it and try to take ownership it doesn't allow.

In a previous version of CC I was able to exclude it but I can't remember which one. Right now I'm using 3.14.1616. I know there's a new version but I'm not interested in updating at this time unless someone knows for a fact that this issue has been corrected in a newer version.

Never mind. I found an older version that works like it's supposed to.

For whatever its worth, Piriform, in the last couple of years I've watched you let CCleaner go from CrapCleaner to just Crap. You need to stop worrying about adding support for every freakin' program ever made and fix the {CENSORED} bugs already.

Edited by Nergal
removed possibly offensive language

• Moderators

You perhaaps have a bug, but not others. I had no issue creating an exclude for that file (as long as the file existed I could just select it, and if it didn't I just selected something else in the folder, right clicked it and manually edited the entry to that file) ccleaner 3.16.1666. Via the easy to use exclude option

As easy as it has been for many years now.

As well you can analyze "Windows Log Files (found in system on the windows tab of ccleaner) find the file right click it and choose "add to exclude list"

So there is no bug.

Please in the future hold your sharp tongue with the foul language

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com