Non centralized UAC window alert location on Defraggler start up

When I start up Defraggler on Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 first of all I get an User Account Control message window, where UAC ask me to apply execution of Defraggler. But, in contrast to CCleaner, where this window is centralized, in case of Defraggler this alert is located on the right-up side of the screen.

See screenshot.

post-61187-0-15205900-1331757257_thumb.png

• Moderators

Ummm this is a feature of UAC in general, it'll randomly place the prompt so it can not be auto-clicked by a script (i.e. a malware program saying yes without you knowing)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

My alert is centralized. I am thinking, but not 100% sure, that this is/can be caused by having your start menu in a non-standard location (bottom of screen, default).

I wonder if you relocated the start menu for testing purposes, if this would fix it?

Ummm this is a feature of UAC in general, it'll randomly place the prompt so it can not be auto-clicked by a script (i.e. a malware program saying yes without you knowing)

That's weird. CCleaner prompt is slightly higher than Defraggler. But I do not think it randomly places the prompt. I tested Defraggler 7 times in a row, & I used desktop folders to mark the top & the left side of Defraggler in my 32 Bit 7.

Each time I ran Defraggler, it was in the exact same spot. CCleaner was in a slightly higher than Defraggler prompt spot, but it was always in the same spot as well.

I am thinking that this has more to do with the program being ran, than UAC, but I could be wrong on this.

I am thinking, but not 100% sure, that this is/can be caused by having your start menu in a non-standard location (bottom of screen, default).

Yeah, I though about this too, but if this a right theory, so why there is no such issue with CCleaner's UAC alert? Thу last one always opens UAC message box on the centre of the screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Not certain. Perhaps it has to do with a Windows setting somewhere, or the fact that it saves program positions, etc.

Have you tried ticking Windows size/location cache in CCleaner, running it with that ticked, then see if it repeats the same?