Add Context Menu (Right Click) option to "Move to end of disk" for files and folders

feihtthief

The move to end of disk functionality is a great idea, because everyone has lots of files that they hardly ever access.

However, most of the time I keep these in folders like c:\installs or c:\users\mysername\Downloads

I think a specific include list on the Move-To-End-Of-Disk tab would solve most of the problems if it worked like the Exclude list to allow adding of files or folders (Recursively) that should be moved to the end of the disk.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like a good option, to me anyway.

I do have a number of usually large files that I would like to conveniently move to end of disk (and not have them re-placed back into prime zone area). Files that I need to have on the HD, but do not access that often and do not mind even if they are in a few fragments.

Though, I do not have a "Move To End Of Disk" tab on my Defraggler (v2.09.391) on Windows XP SP3.

Perhaps that is a Win 7 feature, or a wishful thought of the original poster.

But I think that it would need to be implemented with a special "Includes" list for such a Move-to-End feature, so that it would know to keep those at the end, otherwise running Defraggler later on might just try to move those back-end files up.

The Universe is intelligent and friendly 8-)

support!

The 'defrag checked' option move the files always back to the top of the disk, so I can't move it to the end, without defrag the whole disk. <_<

My English is not verry good, but I hope I can help. =)