Gaming PC's

DAE

My son is interested in computer gaming, online. He said we need to get a "gaming" computer. What advice can you give me with regard to a computer for less than $1000.00?

24500[/snapback]

Hehehe... I'm just the member to help out here :lol:

Rosewill TU-155 Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window

Maxtor DiamondMax 10 80GB 3.5" Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

MSI RS482M-IL Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 800MHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 754 E6 Processor

CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory

connect3D 3038 Radeon X800GTO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card

The Total - Close enough to $750.00 (Not bad) B) Edited: might be a little more now. I looked at the Motherbroads and found a better deal. ;)

Well, the only thing that is circulating around in the brain of a gamer is to have as many FPS (frames per second) as possible in CS (Counter Strike). It is pretty sad.

Many games require a high-end machine, especially to run in the higher resolutions. And new game of take advantage of new more computing demanding effects and things and computers can be pretty expensive, especially the high-end ones.

When looking for a computer to use for gaming, something very important is the graphics card. Cards with the nVidia chipset are the best. Cards with the ATI chipset are pretty ok too.

The configuration stated above seems pretty okay, personally I would have gone with a nVidia card though.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

i just built a beautiful new gaming, computer, 3200 64, watercoooled, 7800 gt, 2 gigs of ram. Truly a work of art, to bad you can read what happened to it, in my other post.

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=3522

I'm just hoping i can get it fixed as soon as possible, so i can use it.

IPB Image

Insert random C4 joke here.

• Moderators
What I have for gaming and mostly everything: http://www.apple.com/powermac/graphics.html

Love it. :)

24881[/snapback]

I have seriously been wanting a mac for about the last year. The only problem is I cant decide what to get. I would have gotten one a couple weeks ago(mac mini) and then I heard about the intel switch. I decided to hold out to see if I could just build a pc and put osx on it.

• Moderators
Well,

Apple does not want OS X on any Intel based machine but their own, so OS X will not work on it.

BUT there is a way to do it even now, but it is illegal, so I will not post how.

24887[/snapback]

You know as soon as those intel based macs hit the shelf and people start building thier own that apple will just start selling it. They would be crazy not to.

I've been playing with other OSes a lot lately and OSX is the only one I could use for good. Everything else just feels underdeveloped. Dont get me wrong I love windows but I'm getting sick of the crap that goes along with it.

What I have for gaming and mostly everything: http://www.apple.com/powermac/graphics.html

Love it. :)

24881[/snapback]

An Apple Macintosh might not be the best computer for gaming.

I hate Windows as well, never liked it, but I am very good on it, and unfortunately I have to work on Windows computer at my job(fixing computers), and school(I am the tech guy at my school.)

24891[/snapback]

Tried Linux? ;)

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

Eldmannen linux pcs are terrible for gaming.(no games hardly support them)

You have to admit that OSX is better than any linux distro. I'm willing to bet that if they start selling OSX that a majority of linux users will buy it.

An Apple Macintosh might not be the best computer for gaming.

Tried Linux? ;)

24937[/snapback]

Then you have never seen Halo or Age Of Empires(two main games I play) on a Mac ;)

I have dual boot computers.

Laptop (Toshiba): XP / Fedora

Desktop (Gateway): XP/ Gentoo

No dual boot on my Macs.

Then you have never seen Halo or Age Of Empires(two main games I play) on a Mac ;)

I have dual boot computers.

Laptop (Toshiba): XP / Fedora

Desktop (Gateway): XP/ Gentoo

No dual boot on my Macs.

24957[/snapback]

Ahh.. halo on a Mac. I've heard it runs alot better on there then it does on Windows based PC's. Is that true? I've seen it and it looks Darn good!