Possible to Find All Key Loggers?

hollyr

Hi all- need advice please.

Norton found key logger software placed on my desktop. I followed directions found online to remove.

However something happened this weekend to make me believe that my laptop may also have something on it but norton has not alerted. Is it possible to do a search? Or should I do as someone suggested and just wipe that drive to be safe?

Thanks for any help.

HI, hollyr. :D Good advice from Super Fast, but sort of scary, eh?

Before taking your computer out back and burying it, check out this post by Hazelnut. Here: http://forum.pirifor...showtopic=34786

It gives you links to several sites which specialize in spyware removal. The spyware removal business has gotten so complex that fewer and fewer persons are really qualified to do it, but those sites are dependable. Post back what you find out, if you have time, it would be interesting to hear.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

You mean there are people out there who no longer can memorize their entire registry hive? :o

Yes, unlike all of us here, some people actually forget things.

I was actually thinking of the new, well renewed actually, versions of malware that hide in the BIOS or the boot sector. Have lately seen spyware threads where the mods used linux disks to get at them. Don't remember where. :P

Now, ahhh, what was this thread originally about??

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.