Who here has used PicaView32? (Great Program)

Ultimate Predator

http://www.supashare.com/79200040/

The origninal company that owns it no longer exists, and I think they don't own copyright on it anymore (I think it was sold out to a Chinese Company), the above link is a trial version, do what you like...

Apart form this its a brilliant program that I use a lot, here is what it does:

Features:

1) displays thumbnail, format and dimensions of selected image in context menu

2) handles BMP, DCX, GIF, IFF-ILBM, JPEG, PCX, Photo-CD, SoftImage PIC, PNG, PhotoShop PSD, SGI, TGA, TIFF and WMF image formats

3) rapid image decoding with incremental display and zoom

4) highly configurable image printing with print preview and contact sheet capability

5) auto enlarge or reduce image to fit screen

6) sets the desktop wallpaper to any image

7) single or batch format conversion of images to BMP, PCX, JPEG (including progressive JPEG) or TGA

8) 256 colour and high colour quantization/dithering modes for high quality output

9) includes installation and uninstallation software

10) New! rotate JPEG images with no image degradation

picaview132-shot01.gif

Thumbnails:

When you click on a file with the secondary mouse button in Explorer, My Computer, Find Files results, or File | Open/Save windows, you will get a pop-up menu, or context menu. PicaView will examine the file you clicked on, and if it is an image, it will insert a thumbnail of the image into the menu.

Image display:

If you select the thumbnail image in the context menu, PicaView will open the image full-size in a new window. You can zoom the image in and out, and scroll images that are larger than the screen size.

Printing:

PicaView lets you print images either one at a time, or as a batch. You can also print just a selected part of an image.

Contact sheets:

When you select more than one image and click on the selection, PicaView adds a Print selected command to the context menu. You can then configure the Print Setup window to print out the images as thumbnails.

Format conversion and rotation:

You can convert one image type (PCD, TIFF, etc...) to another (BMP, JPG, etc.) You can even convert a group of files at once. You can also rotate JPEG images without any loss in image quality.

Copy to clipboard:

You can copy an image to the clipboard, or from full-size windowed view, copy a selected part of an image.

Wallpaper:

You can turn any image, or a selected part of an image, into Windows desktop wallpaper, centered or tiled.

Anyways, use it and enjoy it!

I like ACDsee Classic. Reason is it handles alot of formats, and it shows images instantly, it is very fast and that is the most important for me, to show images fast and efficiently. It is pretty light, and doesnt have any features to change things and such, just to view pictures.

New versions of ACDsee sucks, but the Classic version is good.

Unfortunately it is shareware (or something) and nags. So I have been looking around a little bit for alternatives. IrfanView supposedly is good, and freeware I think.

I would prefer a FOSS (free open-source software) image viewer.

I played around a little bit with Python and wxWidgets and coded something quick but the performance wasnt so good.

I then tried some using C++ and wxWidgets, which was pleasingly fast but I eventually gave up and stopped working on it.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png