IE9 won't open YouTubes - Firefox will

Mudd

Hope this is the right area to post this. My problem is: Opening a link from email takes me to IE9 and it will not open. Coping the link from email and coping to Firefox opens just fine. Also, a link from a Web Page on IE9 that should open will not!

So something is checked to prohibit this I think. Don't know what or where. Went to Internet options, Tools, but don't know what should be looked for. This all happened when I went to IE9 from 8.

Could use some advice and help with this. I prefer to keep IE as my default browser.

Mudd

You should be able to set Firefox as your DEFAULT browser so the links will automatically use FireFox.

If IE9 usurps your default setting then the European Commission should taken more action against Microsoft.

Thank you for the replies. Was waiting for an answer by email but it never came. Guess I will have to check my options.

rridgely - Did what you suggested and now all thing work I thank you sir. Age is getting the best of me.

AlanB - If I set Firefox as default, then I have to copy and paste to get the things to open. That's why I keep IE as default even thought I use Firefox all the time.

European Commission probably wouldn't help me anyway. I live in Texas, US. Anyway I'm straight for the time being.

Sure do appreciate you time and effort to help me with this. My thanks to you for replying.

Mudd

rridgely - You should remember how dense I am from previously questions I've asked. You have been on them more than once. I have an excuse. I'll be 77 in a about 3 weeks. So please accept that as a reason I'm not all with it on Computers.:)

Mudd