Need a good scan to pdf program

rridgely

I use Paperport and have not found anything that allows me to do what it does. If you have drivers loaded, Windows should just be able to Scan and save to PDF. Newer HP scanners use web interface to scan/save file. Now if you wanted to print to PDF, doPDF is what I use and it is free.

25qd6wl.jpg

• Moderators

I have a HP printer that I've had for a while and I just use the default windows 7 printer driver as HP's drivers suck.

I don't have an option to save directly to pdf:

post-1352-0-22721300-1316210229_thumb.jpg

I want a program thats going to scan a document and save it directly as pdf.

I'll look into the ones you listed. I'll also see if the hp drivers will let me do this, but I'd rather not install them as they are pretty bloated.

• Moderators

It doesn't get any simpler than this, but it may be too simple for what you need.

http://www.freewarefiles.com/Scan-To-PDF_program_53296.html

I don't have a scanner, but it automatically picked up my web cam, and made PDF files out of the "scanned" image.

No install. Just extract to a folder and off you go, so worth a look.

• Moderators

I'll also see if the hp drivers will let me do this, but I'd rather not install them as they are pretty bloated.

I don't think the HP drivers will let you do that, it will probably take a 3rd party program. Those "right-click > Send To -> PDF Printer" or "right click > Print with PDF Printer" type programs should all suffice I'd think, they just output to PDF what would normally go to you printer.