Defraggler commandline GUI

Super Fast

As far as I am aware of, if a user selects a schedule for Defraggler to run on, there is no visible way to tell it is running.

Would love a GUI tray for df.exe to allow a user to see a visual indicator that it is running.

Perhaps a little square with 10%, or whatever % it is done at the moment.

Additionally, a simple right click to pause/resume/change options would be very nice!

This would really help, because at the moment, u have no idea if it is running, or if you do, u just can't really see it running!

• Moderators

umm haven't already made this suggestion?

also doesn't a GUI defeat the purpose of using the Command Line?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

umm haven't already made this suggestion?

also doesn't a GUI defeat the purpose of using the Command Line?

Can't remember....

But even lowly ipconfig, run from the commandline, still shows an indicator of sorts that something has happened, even though it is a textual display.

Defraggler shows nothing at all.

This is very confusing, because even though u can launch task manager, it is a pain, just to check if a process has loaded or not.

Windows scheduler doesn't always work properly, so the addition of a tiny icon near the clock that shows 1%, then updates to 2%, etc, all the way to 100% would be something a user can verify that yes, task scheduler is working, and yes, defraggler did load.

I know that perhaps u wonder how that can be beneficial, but I do really like to know something is working. Additionally, it may prevent a user from "crashing" defraggler if they see it loaded & keep them from shutting down the PC early, just because defraggler is still running.

Some claim Windows handles exceptions like these, but I am not sure that it is always safe to shut down in the midst of a defrag project.

I just think it will be safer to just show some sort of icon so users can see something is being processed so they won't freak out when "Oh! My computer is running so much slower than normal!" etc, while the very thing they scheduled to run (defraggler) loads hidden in the background!

Having some sort of visual indicator that it is at least running & doing it's job, would really, really help!

Thanks!