Boot-Time Defrag

Overkill

The boot time defrag should be something you can change the paths for

1. Some of the files I need to have defragged on boot aren't listed

2. I've seen Windows installations to non-default folders such as C:\SYS\OS

3. UltraDefrag does it and it's annoying to need both programs; I <3 Piriform

On another note, MyDefrag (formerly JKDefrag) will not only defrag but optimize (sort) files on the drive. Is this a feature you guys have considered adding, or is there no real benefit to this sort of feature?

• Moderators

is there no real benefit to this sort of feature?

The daily optimization isn't that bad in MyDefrag as it doesn't move too much just like the former JkDefrag. However the monthly one I feel personally stresses a hard disk and I'd never use again after the noises it caused my C: drive but luckily it didn't destroy it.

The daily optimization isn't that bad in MyDefrag as it doesn't move too much just like the former JkDefrag. However the monthly one I feel personally stresses a hard disk and I'd never use again after the noises it caused my C: drive but luckily it didn't destroy it.

I've done it on my 750GB and 1.5TB drives no problem on a monthly basis >_> What about making the boot-time defrag list editable? Think that's manageable?

I have made several tests and I have found out that MyDefrag actually fragments my already defragmented MFTs. I prefer Defraggler all the way. Maybe Mydefrag scripts are powerful but I do not want to go offtopic and I found them uncomfortable and very user unfriendly.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done it on my 750GB and 1.5TB drives no problem on a monthly basis >_> What about making the boot-time defrag list editable? Think that's manageable?

+1

Just like we can see a file list for normal defrag, I think it would be great to also be able to see (& select) which files are defragged on boot...

But, I guess they don't do that cause boot defrag takes seconds...

Just my theory, of course!