BBC iPlayer double trouble?

redhawk

This has happened on more than one occasion but nevertheless it's very annoying.

When I'm watching an iPlayer clip it seems to be having a weird buffering problem and skips backwards a few seconds starts playing the audio twice but at a different interval.

If I pause the video the other audio stream carries on playing and eventually stops.

Sometimes when watching a video it starts doing the animated buffering sequence on top even though the video is still playing in the background.

Has anyone else noticed this lately??

Richard S.

I would suggest trying one of these options:

- Ram -> Do U have enough?

- Free Space -> Do U have enough?

- CPU -> Is ur CPU fast enough to run it properly?

- Running Apps -> How many apps do you have running, especially background disk utilities?

- Windows/SP version -> Test in a different platform or service pack number.

- iPlayer version -> Did it start with a newer version? Try downgrading, or perhaps seeing if a newer version exists.

- Overheating -> Checked your fans lately? Heat can cause things to slow/stutter. Cooling fans accumulate dust.

- Old installation -> Over time, an OS may become corrupted, subject to registry err, etc. New installation, perhaps?

- DSL -> Is urs fast enough?

Of course, you may be running the Linux version -> Check older version, or updated version?

Of interest, was a note on the website that iPlayer will no longer be able to work. Could that possibly have effect on you?

Would be very interesting to note if any of the above solutions worked.

*Edit: Someone said u can use real player. But I haven't tried it yet. Maybe that would work for u!

Thanks for the advice but I really only want to know if anyone else had similar experiences with the BBC iPlayer.

As for my computer and internet they check out so I'm coming to the conclusion it's probably a bandwidth issue at the BBC or my ISP.

Normally I don't have a problem watching iPlayer content via crappy Flash but when it does acts up again the download and VLC Player method never fails. :)

Richard S.