Defrag Picture

Traveller

What Operating System are you running? Normally, clicking defrag should defragment and then consolidate your system. Are you running low of free space or is one of the fragmented files bigger than the amount of free space?

If you have an external hard drive, you could migrate some of your files (e.g. music, photos, films, anything big that isn't essential to your computer) onto it, then defragment again, and then move your transferred files back onto your internal hard drive. Honestly though, I would just leave it. You won't notice any significant performance gain, especially if your hard drive is fairly new.

What Operating System are you running? Normally, clicking defrag should defragment and then consolidate your system. Are you running low of free space or is one of the fragmented files bigger than the amount of free space?

If you have an external hard drive, you could migrate some of your files (e.g. music, photos, films, anything big that isn't essential to your computer) onto it, then defragment again, and then move your transferred files back onto your internal hard drive. Honestly though, I would just leave it. You won't notice any significant performance gain, especially if your hard drive is fairly new.

Win 7/64 HP as map indicates I am not running short on 32% freespace, int 500GB WD HD, no files larger than 32% of 500GB ;-)