Question about removing Musicmatch/Jukebox

pieper

Am maxed out on my 10 year old hard drive, so frantically uninstalling nonsense. Did some quick Googling on Musicmatch for Windows Media Player and Musicmatch Jukebox. Seems they don't always uninstall completely and can cause problems. I cannot afford problems with about 2 GB of available space remaining. Does anyone know whether my pal CCleaner does a complete uninstall/registry clean on these?

Thanks so much!

• Moderators

CCleaner does not, it only uses the uninstaller included with the software itself! You'll need something like Revo Uninstaller Free, or IObit Uninstaller (there's also a portable edition of IObit Uninstaller) to more thoroughly remove it. And do note that I wrote "more thoroughly" which doesn't always mean a 100% full uninstall.

On another note hard disks aren't that expensive anymore, so you could get a bigger one to fit all your stuff.

CCleaner does not, it only uses the uninstaller included with the software itself! You'll need something like Revo Uninstaller Free, or IObit Uninstaller (there's also a portable edition of IObit Uninstaller) to more thoroughly remove it. And do note that I wrote "more thoroughly" which doesn't always mean a 100% full uninstall.

On another note hard disks aren't that expensive anymore, so you could get a bigger one to fit all your stuff.

Thank you for the reply. I'm glad I didn't try to uninstall at this juncture.

I know drives are cheap... just got an external 750GB for $74 to back this puppy up. ;) Problem is, I'm maxed out on RAM at 1GB, cannot upgrade video for a larger monitor, and have USB 1.0. This machine is 10 years old, and durnit... it still runs like a champ!

Sure wish iTunes and other mega-hogs would make a 'lite' version. That's what jammed my drive through the roof (80GB HD). Thanks again! May try one of those uninstallers... or get a new machine eventually.