New Sandboxie version released

hazelnut

• Moderators

Sandboxie is still free for all to use.

The paid version is the same except it allows you to have as many sandboxes as you want at the same time.

And of course you don't get the 5 second reminder with the paid version.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Good to know - thanks Hazel. For some reason, I thought it had gone exclusively commercial.

By the way, I've pretty much limited my Sandboxie use to internet activity. Can it also be used for "testing" software like with other virtualization programs? If so, how would you do that?

The paid version also enables the Forced Programs / Forced Folders feature. More about that here: http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?RegisterSandboxie

Tom, I have created several "test" sandboxes that I use to test software. For me, it's a three-step process:

1) I created a Sandboxie Downloads folder on my desktop

2) While running my browser sandboxed, I download an app that I want to test out and recover it to the Sandboxie Downloads folder

3) I right click the .exe and select Run Sandboxed and also the sandbox in which to run the program

In some cases, such as with my media apps (e.g. DVD Shrink, DVDFab), I leave the programs stay in their respective sandboxes. In other words, I don't delete the contents when I'm finished using them because I know I'll be using them again. In other cases, such as when I'm running portable FireFox in a sandbox, I'll delete the contents when I'm finished. I think it's all a matter of personal preference.

For the most part, I've had success testing programs this way. But it's not a perfect process and sometimes, particularly if the program wants to install a driver, it won't work.