PS3 / Xbox / Wii / other gaming consoles and cell phones

Hi, I just thought that it would be a very useful thing if we could use CCleaner to clean the junk files on the popular gaming consoles, which nowadays are very similar to computers. And possibly even phones as an app might be great too! Because cellular phones have evolved into much like a computer as well! It's just phones and gaming consoles tend to build up a lot of junk files / registry issues over-time and it causes the systems to slow down a lot. Thanks for reading this and I hope you think hard on it!

Life may not be fair, but the least we can do is make games fair.

--Me

I like the idea overall, but first, on the consoles. Most of the system files are hidden, and anything downloaded is via the user. I'm thinking about the 360 in particular, and it shows you everything that is downloaded. I don't believe on this generation of consoles it would be necessary.

On cell phones, most apps I believe are self contained, so when you delete them they are gone. The bigger issue I've noticed seems to be more about stopping background processes, which can make other apps run slower. I think there are plenty of apps that do this already.

AJ

• Moderators

It may not do anything on the PS3 because of encryption - that and I wouldn't trust a cleaning tool on my PS3 if it weren't made by Sony themselves that way if there's a big F-up Sony could fix the issue and I sure as hell doubt any freeware developer would buy you a new PS3 if they bricked your PS3, hell even Square-Enix won't replace the systems they've bricked with Final Fantasy XIII.

The only junk the PS3 can even accumulate is from web browsing, which is easy to delete using it's own built in cleaners.

Albeit I do wish Sony would make the web browsing cleanup tool remove all the web browsing junk via 1-click versus having it all separated.

Registry, on the PS3, really!:lol: I'm on my second PS3 system and have absolutely NEVER had any slowdown.

It may not do anything on the PS3 because of encryption - that and I wouldn't trust a cleaning tool on my PS3 if it weren't made by Sony themselves that way if there's a big F-up Sony could fix the issue and I sure as hell doubt any freeware developer would buy you a new PS3 if they bricked your PS3, hell even Square-Enix won't replace the systems they've bricked with Final Fantasy XIII.

The only junk the PS3 can even accumulate is from web browsing, which is easy to delete using it's own built in cleaners.

Albeit I do wish Sony would make the web browsing cleanup tool remove all the web browsing junk via 1-click versus having it all separated.

Registry, on the PS3, really!:lol: I'm on my second PS3 system and have absolutely NEVER had any slowdown.

Well I don't know if the PS3 has registry or not, I just figured it would from all the updates, installing / uninstalling of games and demos, etc. And I've had my PS3 for only 5 months now and I bought it brand new from Best buy and it has frozen 5 times in the past week. Not to mention, in the past 3 days I have had SEVERE system lag. System, not internet, because you don't need to connect to the internet to use your homepage and watch that lovely loading sign show itself for 5min straight while trying to load your game. Worst come to worst, I just go to best buy and they fix it or hell I have to reset all my data.

Life may not be fair, but the least we can do is make games fair.

--Me

• Moderators

If your system is freezing all on its own without playing a game I'd get it replaced, it really shouldn't be doing that. However; if you're playing a game and it's freezing, well that's just the course of some games for example Saints Row 2 which is a supreme freeze-o-holic especially if you get into lengthy getaways from the Police it will for certain freeze, but at least that's avoidable by not getting allot of wanted levels.