Google Voice phone calls via UK?

redhawk

I've been using the Google Voice phone call service to call my friend in America and have done so successfully for a while now.

Well just last Friday this all changed the calling option in Google mail has disappeared without warning and without any errors.

I tried to call my friend via their contact details but nothing happens when I click on call no error message just nothing.

I suspected the PC probably had a plugin problem so I fired up the laptop and it's the same, no phone option even after re-installing Google Voice.

This is all very odd, I've searched Google but cannot find anything regarding service outage or service withdrawal for UK users.

Anyone else from the UK having this issue??

Richard S.

• Moderators

It would appear I was making free calls thanks to a loop-hole in the system the following link would confirm it: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=188269

In any case it's not the end of the world I still have IM chat and my friend uses cheap calling cards for calls to the UK I just hope Google would extend their services to the UK soon.

Time to find myself a nice US proxy to spoof my geolocation ;)

Richard S.