defrag multiple times but files are strange placed

saikia

so as the title says. I've defragmented my C: windows 7 drive multiple times becouse every time it just puts the files divided by 2 in the front and the end of the drive (not presicely 2...)

It says after defragging 3 times that my disk is 4% fragmented and my files are located at the top and bottom even...

what can I do to get a nice blue line like I always had?

Defrag freespace??

Richard S.

already done...

I defrag-> defrag freespace-> defrag-> quick defrag-> defrag ->defrag freespace-> defragging now

and I also used ccleaner and wiped all freespace (7-times method)

after al the defragmenting it's getting a little better... but still I'm not yet there.

I don't want to have to repeat a 16 hour repeating of defragmentings just to be able do defragment a 450 gig drive(partition)

so anyone with help?

See the thread Less Strict Fragment Defintion, Display & Reporting End users are confused by high fragmentation % and many red blocks

You probably shouldn't worry about it. Use file list and check file option, or see if it's the usual suspects (pagefile & system volume information) which are being reported in the fragmentation figure.

nope my problem is that my files (songs, reg keys, program files, downloads etc.) get split in two equal parts and one part is at the end and one part in the front..

has this to do with move large files to the end of disk?

p.s. I just unvinked the option of moving large files to the end of the drive while defragging drive...

I hope this works... but apart of that I can't think of anything...

thanks for the comments people your great =D

nope my problem is that my files (songs, reg keys, program files, downloads etc.) get split in two equal parts and one part is at the end and one part in the front..

has this to do with move large files to the end of disk?

p.s. I just unvinked the option of moving large files to the end of the drive while defragging drive...

I hope this works... but apart of that I can't think of anything...

thanks for the comments people your great =D

I think we've not been following you. If you're saying 2 areas of the disk are used, with some files moved to the end, then "Move Large Files" option would be likely.

If you're saying many of your files are stored in 2 chunks, at beginning & end of disk, then it would be very puzzling.

The comments in replies were explaining the 4% fragmentation figure.