Option for safety

Super Fast

When a user creates includes on a computer, sometimes they make it portable & put it on a flash drive.

Problem happens when they have it set for C:/Music to empty (just an example used here) & they run it portably on another drive.

What happens next if the computer they are cleaning has the same directory as well? They get erased & someone is upset!

What about the option under advanced settings to detect if CCleaner is being run in any place other than C:/Program Files/CCleaner, then it will automatically disable the includes & assume it is being run portably?

This should just be an option, because some people might not want it, but for those who do, it can help prevent that they erase more than they want from other computer drives that just happen to have the same drive letter(s) & file(s)/folder(s)!

What do you think?

If you decide to do this, also don't forget to include the (86) program files directory as safe (for 64 bit windows) so that CCleaner will operate normally under 64 bit as well.

Let me know what you think. I just thought this will add an extra layer of security, & with it being entirely optional for a user to check, so that users who want it can use it, while others who may not won't be forced to.

• Moderators

This almost seems the opposite of you other issue, where you can't get includes to work on two different computer os's.

I'm not really a big fan of this suggestions (honestly if you are using it portably you should know what your includes are) but (as I've said in another of your posts) the developers do take all suggestions into consideration.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com