Code Glitch

login123

Using Opera now.

"Insert Link" button looks same here. Inserting the code from photobucket gives this (only the word Windmill):

th_windmill.gif"]Windmill[/url]

Straight copy/paste gives this (the actual picture):

th_windmill.gif

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

When I use "insert Link" it does overwrite the highlighted text in the top window: (http://).

Edit: I had this part wrong, what the top window says is "http://" but that is overwritten when I paste the code).

But you still just get the words you type into the bottom window (in this case: "Error Message)

th_CRITICAL_ERROR-XP2.jpg"]Error Message[/url] < < <This.

Straight copy/paste & wallah, you get the picture (thumbnail): th_CRITICAL_ERROR-XP2.jpg

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

• Moderators

Using Opera now.

"Insert Link" button looks same here. Inserting the code from photobucket gives this (only the word Windmill):

th_windmill.gif"]Windmill[/url]

Straight copy/paste gives this (the actual picture):

th_windmill.gif

I'm still wondering why you paste the code from an Image Hosting Site into the code box? Has that worked for you before?

Image Hosting Site thumbnail links are usually like this: (using code box so as to not show an image)

[url=http://imgur.com/dMtOp][img=http://i.imgur.com/dMtOps.jpg][/url]

They are always pasted straight into a post. Using the "Link" code box won't work because it's the wrong type of link with bracketed "[url=" entries at each end.

Strangely, your Photobucket link, unlike the usual thumbnail link above, works in the same way. A direct copy/paste.

Yes, if I recall correctly, that is what I have always done (use the Insert box). 'Course, I did get midnight mixed up with noon, so anything is possible. :P

This leaves unresolved the issue of why the "Insert Link" box comes up off screen. I doubt that the admins have deliberately ignored that, but don't know.

In any case, I will remember to copy and paste.

Thanks again for helping. You guys are the best.

• Moderators

It could take an age to find a solution to that one, and I'm puzzled about it myself.

I'll have to fire up IE7 and have a play around, or, upgrade to IE8. I'm like most folk who haven't, simply because of it's earlier issues, and the fact that it can be a pain (I believe) to go back to IE7 if IE8 doesn't work out. Plus the fact that I never use it.

Back to the code box issue, and I'm sure you won't mind if I use the opportunity of this thread to explain to probably many who don't know, what the "Link" code box actually does as it's a very useful feature.

It enables you to "embed" an address link into some descriptive text, instead of just posting the link. It also stops the forum software from fore-shortening web links, which sometimes screws them up.

You simply type your descriptive text, such as:

Opera Skins Website:

Right click in the browser address bar of the site in question, in this case the "Opera Skins Website". It will turn blue, and you "copy" the address.

Return to your forum messenger window and highlight the descriptive text by left click and drag.

Then left click on the link button to the right of the smiley dude, a box will appear, and your descriptive text should be in the bottom window, and you paste the web address into the top one and press "Insert Link".

f004c9114224778.jpg

20d7de114224768.jpg

You will then have this ...

Opera Skins Website:

instead of this ...

http://my.opera.com/community/customize/skins/?show=new

Good information, thank you. Should be added to your excellent description "How to do Screen Capture..." found HERE in the lounge.

By the way, the code box in the first post of that description post looks wrong on this computer. I know for sure that it used to look right.

How it looks now: th_odd_code_box1.jpg

Also when I click on the "Text Color" button it looks a bit strange. Picture: th_odd_highlight_box1.jpg

The boxes that don't look right (come up off screen) on this computer are "insert Link", "Insert Image", "Insert Email Address", "Insert Media", and "Text Color".

• Moderators

Hazel has just managed to get the code boxes on here fixed by the admin as they weren't opening long stretches of text into a vertical scrolling box, which really defeated the object of using one.

One thing's for sure, a number of things are different on this new board compared to the old.

As I mentioned above, I'll have a play about with IE7 and see if I can make any sense of why it's happening, but it might just be that the most recent forum update has something in it not agreeing with IE7.

I'll get back to this thread if I find anything.

OK, thanks.

I sure don't mean to wear you guys out with this, but I sort of think its something that the admins might want to look at.

• Moderators

The colour boxes work fine in IE8 and Opera so it may well just be an IE7 thing.

Not sure if Forum software makers will want to keep making themselves backward compatible (if IE7 is the reason)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I've just tried IE7 on Wilders Forum, which is a different board (Bulletin), and the Insert Link and other button windows all pop up like this:

Looks pretty normal, and as you've tried another IPBoard site, I'm leaning toward the IE7/IPBoard glitch which won't be put right, as IE7 just seems to be out of step with it. A dinosaur. :lol:

I downloaded an IE8 installer the other day, but it's still sitting there.

Thanks, Hazel & Dennis. Guess thats what it is, have to use Opera or go to IE8.

The old Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times" gets clearer every day.

>muttered expletive< <_<