CCleaner broke image display in Outlook 2007?

tferrio

Yesterday I downloaded the latest CCleaner version (3.00.1310) and ran Cleaner and Registry Integrity. I am running Win7 with Outlook 2007. I'm not sure (of course) that CCleaner is to blame but I later noticed that Outlook is not displaying images, only boxes with the "red X". At first I thought it was a temporary Internet connectivity problem but it's been continuous since then.

I Googled for cures and can't find anything wrong. I found the temp directory and it is empty. When I open an attachment that file appears in the temp directory. I double-clicked the Registry backup file from CCleaner and it reloaded ok but did not fix the problem. I'm now at a loss for what to try.

Any ideas are more than welcome.

Thanks, Tom

Please excuse the preceeding post. I rebooted Windows again (first time after restoring the registry entries) and images now display correectly in Outlook. I guess one of the removed registry entries caused the problem. I'll look at it in more detail when it's not a holiday.. Now back to the family, wondering where I disappeared to.

Sorry for using some bandwidth. Tom

• Moderators

Actually (for once) your problem is not due to the reg cleaning. The issue here is a corrupted ie cache (all cleaners have this issue every so often)

Instead of a reboot, here is a quick and easy way to fix this issue

Open Internet explorer

Go to Tool>Delete browsing history

Uncheck everything (including preserve favorites website data) except "Temporary Internet Files"

click delete

and you should now be able to see images in outlook

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com