Who uses/has used Avant? I didn't stick

slowday444

Maxthon is better than avant and I have tried them both. Just remember that Avant and Maxthon are the same thing as using IE which means spyware. Stick with firefox optimized with firetune.

I test All! Opera, Avant, FireFox and Maxthon. I like FireFox and it seems to use less memory then the others. Stick with FireFox.

• Moderators
FireTune is a Media player Plug-In for FireFox. It can hide the player while surfing the web. I don't use it as I just tell WinAmp and Itunes to minimize towards the System bar.

No, Firetune opimizes firefox's settings and makes it run a lot faster. Get it here and be amazed:

http://www.totalidea.com/freestuff4.htm

I think you mean foxytunes.

rridgely, I've been using Fire Tune, Flexbeta Firetweaker and the extension Fasterfox. I assume the first two pretty much apply the same tweaks so I'm also assuming there is no performance loss with both applications applied. Fasterfox is just kind of a cache tweak I believe, although F Tune and Firetweaker may also apply the same changes as Fasterfox. Is it indeed alright to run all these over lapping programs at once? I also optimize with TCPOptimizer.

I've been using FasterFox, but that's because it was available as an extension on the Mozilla site. Even though Firetune says it has over 1 million downloads, I think it was be useful to add it on the Mozilla site.

Going back to the topic. I tried Avant and Mathon and was hardly impressed. Been using Opera for a while but now stick with FireFox because of the useful extensions.