PCMag.com Releases 'Flash Cookie Cop'

bdh

Hi all, My first post here so be gentle . . . I've been using CCleaner for ages and really have to say thank you very much to the creators. It's a wonderful prog. I would just like to ask you about a program that PCMag.com is offering their subscribers called "Flash Cookie Cop". It is not free, they want to charge for it. Apparently they state that nothing currently controls or deletes these Falsh Cookies, except this new prog - is that true?! If it is any good or if it does what it says I was wondering if there are any plans to integrate something like this into CCleaner? I'd really like to know these answers as their prog 'seems' ok to me but if Piriform does/or will do the same thing one day soon I'll wait for that. Here's the URL FYI: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2371176,00.asp

Thanks and best regards from good 'ol Sydney Australia.

• Moderators

Naw this seems like a bunch of shenanigans not only does ccleaner delete flash cookies but so do many other programs. the only difference I see in their program is it does it proactivly by informing you every time a flash cookies is created. . .seems annoying to my IMNOVHO

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Naw this seems like a bunch of shenanigans not only does ccleaner delete flash cookies but so do many other programs. the only difference I see in their program is it does it proactivly by informing you every time a flash cookies is created. . .seems annoying to my IMNOVHO

Thanks heaps Nergal,

That's something of which I was totally unaware. I only now just noticed when I went looking that, in CCleaner under the cookies section in options, it does indeed mention flash cookies. SHAME on PCMag.com charging for the tool when they should know better when they could simply recommend CCleaner to their readership! Unbelievable. Someone with a bit more clout than I have should post something somewhere about this to hold them to account in a public forum!!

Maybe a suggestion for CCleaner's next version could be to clearly label Flash cookies and other cookies so we can see which is which?

BTW Negral, what does IMNOVHO mean? (In My - - - Humble Opinion?) - what's the NOV? Even googling doesn't give me this one! Must be a customised Nergal effort! :)

Cheers, and thanks, bdh

• Moderators

In My Not So Very Humble Opinion ;)

also the flash cookies are labeled at the bottom of the screen in Options>cookies

post-21882-049481400 1288395930_thumb.jpg

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

In My Not So Very Humble Opinion ;)

also the flash cookies are labeled at the bottom of the screen in Options>cookies

Thanks again Nergal - you are a regular font of info (IMNOVHO)!! Cheers, bdh.