Can't find recovered files on external hard drive

deleteman

Hi

I usually recover files to my external hard drive without any problems but today I needed to recover a movie that was accidently deleted from my recycle bin. Not a problem for Recuva found the movie recovered it to my external hard drive- I know it is there because the space has been filled up on the disc but the file is not visible at all and wasn't recovered at the end of the file list on the drive like usual. I have deleted and recovered a few more files to my external hard drive and the same problem is now reoccuring. I have recovered some more to my C drive and they have the name RECYCLER on the folder I can't find any files named RECYCLER on my External hard drive. I have been experimenting with some disc cleaners recently one was called Eraser the other SG delete I usually use CC cleaner but wanted to erase something CC doesn't do.

Help appreciated

Hi

I usually recover files to my external hard drive without any problems but today I needed to recover a movie that was accidently deleted from my recycle bin. Not a problem for Recuva found the movie recovered it to my external hard drive- I know it is there because the space has been filled up on the disc but the file is not visible at all and wasn't recovered at the end of the file list on the drive like usual. I have deleted and recovered a few more files to my external hard drive and the same problem is now reoccuring. I have recovered some more to my C drive and they have the name RECYCLER on the folder I can't find any files named RECYCLER on my External hard drive. I have been experimenting with some disc cleaners recently one was called Eraser the other SG delete I usually use CC cleaner but wanted to erase something CC doesn't do.

Help appreciated

On further investigation it would seem that Recuva was unable to recover the file. I overwrote it in the recuva list anyway and now the disc space has returned. It was showing that the file was recovered on my external hard drive but it wasn't visible for sure. Is this a known problem?

• Moderators

I'm confused. In your fisrt post you talk about recovery, but then go into using disk cleaners. In your second post "I overwrote it on the Recuva list" - what did you overwrite where? The disk space has returned on what?

• Moderators

I believe what occured was when you recovered it, you had Recuva set to "restore folder structure" so recuva returned the movie to the external drive's recyle bin which under most circumstances is not visible.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com