CCleaner 3 suggestion...

mr don

Many times, the CPU information is accurate but I see no indication of whether it is 2 CPU (Dual Core), 4 CPU (Quad Core), 6 CPU (Hex Core) etc...

I would love for CCleaner to show 2 more pieces of info on the bar at top:

- # of processor cores

- Model of PC (Start/Run/type DXDiag + hit enter key. This shows PC model + installed ram + CPU speed etc).

But it would really help people like me to be able to see at a glance, hey, this machine has more than 1 core, so maybe it can do without another hardware update, or perhaps I need to know the model # of the PC but sometimes you get units missing stickers that detail whether they are something like a DC 7600 Convertible Minitower PC for example... This would greatly simplify getting drivers for such a machine! You can get all this info from DXDiag, but wouldn't it be simpler to implement it into CCleaner itself? I have long wanted to be able to see this info at a glance, rather than have to do it manually!

If you like this idea, feel free to + it up.

Thanks!

Edit: I did notice that when running CCleaner in Windows 98 or ME, that it fails to show rated processor speed. You cannot right click my computer/properties in W98 or WME to get the rated speed. If you go to start/run/dxdiag, yes, that does show the rated processor speed. Would be very nice if CCleaner can correct this bug as it is very annoying not to know how fast a system is. Some people run a decent speed system with W98 or WME installed, so by having the ability to show the speed, a more accurate discernment can be made so far as what to recommend they do to a computer.

Also, I recognize Nergal's concern that it may raise CCleaner load time, but what would that add, perhaps 0.002 seconds or so to do a DX check & call up the single/dual/quad/hex etc core of the computer + the computer speed + the computer model + ram?

What I am thinking, is there must be a more reliable way of calling up the system information since it obviously is not working properly with an older OS, & since DXDIAG works across ALL Windows based platforms.

With this in mind, why not just call up the info using a DX checker? It seems this could solve all of the problems & perhaps call it up faster too?

Thanks!

• Moderators

I guess this is what Speccy was made for.

+1 to ishan here. I think adding this info will make ccleaner boot slower imho

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com