Multiple Profile Cleaning Support

Hello all,

I would like to suggest the addition of an option that would enable cleanup for all profiles located on the system. (Maybe this could be also implemented with a checklist or something where you could choose the profiles to cleanup) Of course for this to work it would require the user running CCleaner to have Administrative privileges. This would save a lot of time for people needing to clean systems used by multiple users (eg. I have a Citrix Servers to which ~30 different people login and each person has his own profile on the Citrix Server). At one point last year I ran CCleaner manually for all profiles and once cleaning was finished I was with left with almost 5GB more free space !!!

Best Regards,

• Moderators

Hello all,

I would like to suggest the addition of an option that would enable cleanup for all profiles located on the system. (Maybe this could be also implemented with a checklist or something where you could choose the profiles to cleanup) Of course for this to work it would require the user running CCleaner to have Administrative privileges. This would save a lot of time for people needing to clean systems used by multiple users (eg. I have a Citrix Servers to which ~30 different people login and each person has his own profile on the Citrix Server). At one point last year I ran CCleaner manually for all profiles and once cleaning was finished I was with left with almost 5GB more free space !!!

Best Regards,

If you search the forum this has been asked and answered a number of times. There are very good reasons why this feature has not been (and most likely will not be) implimented. Please search for those reasons

in regards to your particular issue

if the citrix servers are all of one domain, there is a great tutorial, on this board, for setting up a cleaning for each user when they log off

if not you can place ccleaner on a shared drive and save the settings to save as an ini and then set it to run auto clean at log off using a script, or a task on windows vista and newer.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

If you search the forum this has been asked and answered a number of times. There are very good reasons why this feature has not been (and most likely will not be) implimented. Please search for those reasons

in regards to your particular issue

if the citrix servers are all of one domain, there is a great tutorial, on this board, for setting up a cleaning for each user when they log off

if not you can place ccleaner on a shared drive and save the settings to save as an ini and then set it to run auto clean at log off using a script, or a task on windows vista and newer.

You have made me very curious to see what those reasons are ;-) Once I have read through them I'll get back to you...

Thanks for the tutorial link it looks promising - once I have implemented a solution based on your idea and confirmed that it works I will publish my findings ;-)