cc cleaner stuck at 51%/google earth

mmmp

Just downloaded new cccleaner from piriform. Old version worked fine; updated version will anylyze but when cleaning, gets stuck at 51%/googlearth. I cancelled clean function and restarted clean function several times; also did the analyze fx and clean fx again. No good. What's up with this?

Just downloaded new cccleaner from piriform. Old version worked fine; updated version will anylyze but when cleaning, gets stuck at 51%/googlearth. I cancelled clean function and restarted clean function several times; also did the analyze fx and clean fx again. No good. What's up with this?

Your O.S. might be relevant, and also whether you have chosen to Secure wipe instead of delete.

Also check to see that the "wipe free space" options weren't enabled. I just did an install on a older Compaq laptop and experienced it hanging at 27%. Found out it wasn't hanging, just took a while for CCleaner to wipe the free space.

I'm having the same problems and I doubled checked what others suggested that might be holding up the actual cleaning process all those are okay.I use Firefox the latest version all updates, Windows Vista Home Version, 64 bit, all updates are current. When I click on run cleaner it just sits there for a long time spinning some times it crashes or is not responding. I have tried closing the program and run it again some times it will work just fine others it just takes forever to run and I mean 60sesonds or longer During run cleaner it seems to get stuck at 4% for a long time before it finishes on 2.91 megs? I could see this if there were 150 megs to clean but not on less then 3 megs When I hit Run CCleaner it just sits and spins just did it again to me I closed the program ran it again and it finished cleaning. I keep my computer as clean as possible I use CCleaner each time I close my browser just a habit and yes I make sure Firefox has closed down and given enough time in between to run CCleaner.I've come to rely on CCleaner but this version some thing has a bug some where wished I could be more helpful all I know is this version either hangs up or takes forever to do a cleaning...Thanks for your help in advance

A.: Is the current version of CC really to blame ?

Go back to a previous version of CC and see whether CC gets stuck again. (Currently, I have installed the four last versions of CC !)

B.: Perhaps too much registry entries were deleted (with CC) ?

1. Save your favourites, settings etc.

2. Uninstall the program (e.g. Google Earth, Firefox, and perhaps even CC), clean (e.g. Eusing registry cleaner) and compact the registry (e.g. NTREGOPT), install ERUNT, and re-install all the programs.

3. Activate System Restore Points (Windows XP). In Windows 7 and Vista this has a different but similar name.

One has to keep in mind that even when the user doesn't use the CC Registry tool, CC removes a number of program (e.g. MS Office) related registry keys/entries/info, even though this isn't being reported in the CC result screen.

ERUNT is a program that makes a copy of the registry once a day, upon start up and therefore allows the user to reinstate a previous (undamaged ?) version of the registry. http://www.larsheder...nline.de/erunt/

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!