Looking for softrware, possible idea for a software solution....

Alterno

Greetings,

In my office I generally have to get multiples windows all at the time, I know as well that some users have several windows or applications open @ time and moving around them becomes a bloody hell.

So here is what I'm looking for, I need an application that could allow me to switch and work with non maximized windows, I was thinking about something that minimizes these windows as thumbnails making it quickly accessible trough a click, also with drag and drop support, in case i want to move a file from a windows (Local Disk C:) to the thumbnail window (Local Disk D:).

Is there anything like that available, if not, Piritform it would be a handy application in my humble opinion.

in case i want to move a file from a windows (Local Disk C:) to the thumbnail window (Local Disk D:).

What?!

Yep, Alt + Tab works great.

If you have Windows 7, try the "Windows Key" + Tab.

Simplicity is hard.

ever considered alt-tab

What?!

Yep, Alt + Tab works great.

If you have Windows 7, try the "Windows Key" + Tab.

Yeah I've have windows 7 and yeah I've those options, while they do help depending on the number of windows opened... it really does not help that much when it comes of more than 2 windows, not that much. I can't think of someone who uses more than 2 Hrad Disk or more than 2 partitions that wouldn't find handy an application that could allow you too move freely, without wasting much space, in seven win+tab is quite good to see what's going on your desk but neither alt+tab win+tab or spacebar + tab are an efficient solution to this.

Although i do like the idea of having a bar like the alt+tab shows, somewhere to the left of my desktop with drag and drop functionality.

Yeah I've have windows 7 and yeah I've those options, while they do help depending on the number of windows opened... it really does not help that much when it comes of more than 2 windows, not that much. I can't think of someone who uses more than 2 Hrad Disk or more than 2 partitions that wouldn't find handy an application that could allow you too move freely, without wasting much space, in seven win+tab is quite good to see what's going on your desk but neither alt+tab win+tab or spacebar + tab are an efficient solution to this.

Although i do like the idea of having a bar like the alt+tab shows, somewhere to the left of my desktop with drag and drop functionality.

VirtuaWin is a virtual desktop manager for the Windows operating system (I have not tried it yet with Win 7) I'll try this afternoon and report back.

Virtual Desktops - max 9

VirtuaWin is a freely distributed program and is licensed under the GNU General Public License.

Copyright © 1999-2005 Johan Piculell

Copyright © 2006-2010 VirtuaWin (VirtuaWin@home.se)

Hope this helps.

Just tried VirtuaWin, works with Win 7, I still prefer Win key / Tab or Alt / Tab - but there again I'm an old bloke.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"