CCleaner help

Desire

I used the CCleaner last night. My friend had me download it and run it, including "immunize". Now, my realplayer won't even open! My Windows player opens but refuses to recognize the file where my movies are! I use MP3 Rocket to download movies and am very happy with it. Now I can't play them! I want some solutions here! Please help!

• Moderators

There's no 'Immunize' function in CC. Where did you download CC from? It doesn't look as if you have the correct product. Can you post a screen shot of your CC window?

There's no 'Immunize' function in CC. Where did you download CC from? It doesn't look as if you have the correct product. Can you post a screen shot of your CC window?

I don't know how to "post a screen shot" of the window. I'm an old dinosaur and don't know much about computers. It took me awhile just to find ur reply! I don't know if I can find the next one.

How to create and post a screenshot:

Download ""Deskscan"" and install it. This is a program that allows you to create screenshots. Place a shortcut on the taskbar (on the bottom left of Windows). Open CC and then click on the "Deskscan" icon on the taskbar to create a screenshot. And then post it in this thread. In the text editor on this forum there's a icon ""Insert image"" (that text shows up when you place the mouse on that icon).

1. When a program doesn't function anymore after running CC then the first thing to do is:

-- untick all the boxes in the registry section (""Registry"" in the main screen).

-- re-install the program that has been affected.

2. for all newbies: Untick as much boxes as possible. As time goes by, you can tick more boxes

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!