XP vs Vista igoogle link rendering theories!

slowday444

So I have an XP SP3 desktop hardwired to my router. The Vista SP1 or whatever the most up to date SP is, is on the same network wirelessly. A sampling of some of the "Add Stuff" sites I have are WebMD,PC World,Gizmodo, ESPN, Download Squad, and Life Hacker. When I attempt to open a featured link on any of those sites (or any other from my igoogle page) the desktop takes forever, like the sites servers are overloaded or you are attempting to download video files. The same links on the laptop open immediately. My XP works great and sites from bookmarks or other links render normally (as in quick!). Security on both PCs is about the same, although the lp also has Mamutu and they both have the same Firefox version (3.6.6) and options (I think for the most part). So what could be going on? Thank You!

Do you experience the same slow down if your Vista machine is connected via wired LAN??

What make of router do you have??

What is your connection type (i.e. a,b,g,n,i) and signal strength??

Do you have any wireless devices nearby, cordless phones, TV senders??

Try a different channel number in the router setup in case you're experiencing interference.

Richard S.

Do you experience the same slow down if your Vista machine is connected via wired LAN??

What make of router do you have??

What is your connection type (i.e. a,b,g,n,i) and signal strength??

Do you have any wireless devices nearby, cordless phones, TV senders??

Try a different channel number in the router setup in case you're experiencing interference.

Richard S.

Never hard wired it to the Linksys WRT54GS, Tomato modded (not the problem I'm sure). One thing I've notice all of the time too, google kind of highjacks my pc, i.e. I pretty much have to go back to a cached page or else that takes a long time too.