CCLeaner, application program

as a total dummy when it comes to pc's, I often use the CCLeaner Version V2.31.1153. The windows check function deletes a lot of unwanted stuff so it works. However, when i use the application program, on the same page, it never deletes anything. Is this common and means my applications are always working, or do i have to do something else. I'm obviously not an advanced user, is there any ticks i could put in, under the advanced section to help my XP SP3 system. Thanks for any advice.

Heath

Heath,

After you hit ""Analyze"", CC always lists the files (either in a summary or in detail) that are to be wiped. But info to be wiped from the registry is never listed. e.g if you have selected ""Recent documents"" CC will remove a small section from the registry as well but CC simply won't inform the user what is to be removed.

Kroozer,

I DO like your signature. ""Don't take computers too seriously. ...............""

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

I think you are getting confused about how CCleaner works. When you click the 'Run Cleaner' button it cleans all the checked items on the Windows and Applications tab, there's no need to click on the applications tab and run it again.