ccleaner application tab?

ojonilionis

I have a question maybe you can help. I have the ccleaner installed, the application tab, what does it do if all are selected? Will it remove the programs?

Thanks for your reply. I didnt want to run the ccleaner and have it undo something I didnt want it to do.

My computer is having enough problems without me adding to it.

CCleaner's Cleaner will not fix your problems. Maybe the Registry cleaner will, but... use it at your own risk.

Do you use an Antivirus ?

Piriform French translator

wow, I have alot, malware,ad-aware and symantec to keep my computer in check but still it start slow and seems to have all kinds of issues with performance speed. I have defraged, changed startup, and everything I can think of. I think my itunes is just to big and is killing my memory space.

I dont realy use my computer but it is annoying when it takes 10 min. just to boot up and start a project. I have even uninstalled programs I dont use like dvd shrink for burning movies, etc...

Are you using more than one real-time protection at the same time ? You shouldn't ;)

(Besides, unless you are using a modern - i.e. >= 2009 - version of Norton Antivirus, it probably is the culprit)

Piriform French translator

I dont use them at the same time to scan but a friend installed the Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition to help my computer. I had a trojen on my computer and it was probably for a while

• Moderators

I had a trojen on my computer and it was probably for a while

Problem could be the trojan wasn't properly removed, or remnants of it still exist. Therefore I'd recommend following these instructions as best you can and as much as you can to guarantee your computer isn't still infected.

iTunes whilst bloated shouldn't really be causing a major slowdown if you have enough system RAM. However; if you don't use iTunes every day you can set the services to start Manually, that way they'll only start when you yourself start iTunes rather than automatically at every system start/login.