Opera 10.5* glitch

DennisD

• Moderators

Anomaly they are facts according to the way you see the facts.

I haven't said things aren't changing, of course they are.

What I have said is that that is the nature of the internet. It is always up to you in the end which browser or software you install on your machine.

Browsers seem to me to be like High Street fashions.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Anomaly they are facts according to the way you see the facts.

I haven't said things aren't changing, of course they are.

What I have said is that that is the nature of the internet. It is always up to you in the end which browser or software you install on your machine.

Browsers seem to me to be like High Street fashions.

You don't see a big shift to Chrome like features in the other browsers?

You won't have much choice if they all become Chrome clones. They will be more similar than not and you won't rally have much to chose from.

No, I thought that Chrome lacks features then how can it be copied?

Tabs on top look. Separate process for plugins and tabs, rapid release cycles. I pointed out many ways for each browser in my other post. You know that though and are just trying to be difficult. My question was directed at Hazelnut anyways.

• Moderators

I would argue differently on many of the points your presenting anomaly.

There is no doubt that Google Chrome has had some impact on other browsers, but blaming their problems on its success is a little far fetched.

For one thing I would attribute Opera's latest debacle more with them trying to rush a new version to get it on that MS browser choice page that they lobbied the EU for YEARS to get. Same thing for Maxthon, these browsers were finally getting exposure and now out come the bugs because they weren't ready to put out stable versions for their big shot.

Not sure why your demonizing having tabs and extensions run in separate processes. The concept is simple enough, its so that if a tab hangs or an extension or browser plug in crashes the whole browser doesn't crash. Anybody remember when FF started getting big and flash would randomly shut your browser down? Not fun. Sure if its done badly it can be something to complain about but theres a reason other browsers are copying this feature.

I dont use chrome(I don't use google services anymore except search) but I think your being a little short sighted in some of your analysis. I actually think web browsers are now the most important application on any computer and anything to make them better is fine by me.

I would argue differently on many of the points your presenting anomaly.

There is no doubt that Google Chrome has had some impact on other browsers, but blaming their problems on its success is a little far fetched.

For one thing I would attribute Opera's latest debacle more with them trying to rush a new version to get it on that MS browser choice page that they lobbied the EU for YEARS to get. Same thing for Maxthon, these browsers were finally getting exposure and now out come the bugs because they weren't ready to put out stable versions for their big shot.

Not sure why your demonizing having tabs and extensions run in separate processes. The concept is simple enough, its so that if a tab hangs or an extension or browser plug in crashes the whole browser doesn't crash. Anybody remember when FF started getting big and flash would randomly shut your browser down? Not fun. Sure if its done badly it can be something to complain about but theres a reason other browsers are copying this feature.

I dont use chrome(I don't use google services anymore except search) but I think your being a little short sighted in some of your analysis. I actually think web browsers are now the most important application on any computer and anything to make them better is fine by me.

I seem to be coming off as a Chrome hater. I'm not. I have it installed on all my computers and actually think it works very well on my Mac except for the bloat. I'm a fan of tabs on top to and have been since I started using Opera years ago. My problem is with the other browsers all of a sudden changing to be more Chrome like because Chrome managed to catch on so fast. I like having a variety of browsers because as you said it's the most important program on the computer. There is no variety when they start to be all the same. I'm also concerned about how stable the browsers will be making all the changes to keep up with or follow Chrome.

As for the problems that are supposed to be fixed by the multi process thing. I never had a crashing problem with Firefox. I have had Chrome crash on me several times and take the whole browser down. The separate processes did not work. All they have done is increase the bloat. If all the browsers follow Chrome than they will be bloated.

I find it interesting that IE had the separate processes before Chrome and yet it wasn't until Chrome did it that the other browsers started to do it. Do you really want Firefox or Opera to start following instead of leading? We will see how it goes. Interesting to see how this upcoming "minor" update in Firefox goes.

I find it interesting that IE had the separate processes before Chrome and yet it wasn't until Chrome did it that the other browsers started to do it. Do you really want Firefox or Opera to start following instead of leading? We will see how it goes. Interesting to see how this upcoming "minor" update in Firefox goes.

Please tell me if I'm wrong...

Internet Explorer 8 (with separated processes architecture) was released to the general public March 5, 2008 (Beta 1).

<<<7 months>>>

Chrome has separated processes since its first release in September 2, 2008.

This feels like somewhat copying or just improving stability for you?

Ok... Ok..., my opinion is that they are so near (in a browser development terms) that it feels like they had the same idea at the same time!

Chrome release was about 1 year and a month ago so I don't think Mozilla is copying it, they are just changing to improve stability.

Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.