network status gone

HASM

On the XP machines I installed and run ccleaner I seem to have lost the ability to go into setting/network/explore, right click on any connection, and get the status window up. They work from the tray icon, if there, but not from explorer. Probably lost some registry entry and I'm not sure how to get it back

• Moderators

1: Did you run the Reg integrity section?

A: if yes Did you make backups as suggested?

i: if yes merge the backups back into the registry

ii: if no you will need to run system restore to get the registy back into running

B: if no then it is doubtful ccleaner caused this issue

2: from now on when doing registry follow the advises in my signature

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Yes, I did run the Reg integrity section, and no, I didn't make a backup and no I don't have system restore on.

Are you saying it's not ccleaner that caused, it but me by accepting and cleaning everything?

Granted, but still it shows that ccleaner integrity suggests cleaning something that it shouldn't.

And no, I won't go through the process of making backups and merging them, I'll stop using ccleaner's reg integrity instead.

Yes, I did run the Reg integrity section, and no, I didn't make a backup and no I don't have system restore on.

Are you saying it's not ccleaner that caused, it but me by accepting and cleaning everything?

Granted, but still it shows that ccleaner integrity suggests cleaning something that it shouldn't.

And no, I won't go through the process of making backups and merging them, I'll stop using ccleaner's reg integrity instead.

This is still assuming it was ccleaner that removed an important entry that the user gave permission to remove. One we could eliminate if you had of backed up. Which is strongly advised for situations like these.

I have never in the years i have used ccleaner had any issue with it. Many many users don't. Few do possibly like your self.

No fate but what we make

Perhaps, you can try Google searching for answers on how to recreate or fix the registry entry that was unintentionally damaged. The lesson here is always reserve a backup.

Perhaps these results are a bit relevant although they are topics about the missing side panel network icon but hopefully, you'll get an idea....

http://www.google.com.ph/search?q=network+...lient=firefox-a

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

Maybe my question will seem unfair to you. . .but it isn't

Why do you come to a forum ask for help and then shoot down the help given? why do you think that your refusal to follow common sense, like windows system restore and ccleaners multiple chance to give you a chance to practice smart computing is anyone fault but your own.

You don't have backups of the registry you delete, you don't have an ability to go back using system restore? then you must now reintall windows most likely. and my advice to you now, is to not ever try to use any registy cleaner as ccleaner is a GENTLE one and most/all other will remove much more than ccleaner did.

'nuff said

Nergal Out.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Hi HASM, and welcome to Piriform.

I'm trying to work out exactly what it is you're actually missing, and I'm wondering if you're talking about the "Network" links in the Start Menu?

RGA01s.jpg

My "Network Connection" link has disappeared on occasion, and although I don't normally have the "My Network Places" link you see there, I've activated it to see if it may be that link that you're missing.

Either one or both can be reactivated by right clicking on "Start", select "Properties", select "Customize", select "Advanced".

In the "Start Menu Items" window, scroll down to either "My Network Places" ...

kgDVGs.jpg

... or if that's not it, scroll further down to "Network Connections" ...

h0TAfs.jpg

Check the box and that's it.

Hope that may help.