ccleaner and yahoo toolbar

burrellbuzzman

Hi,

I just installed ccleaner with yahoo toolbar and i just wondered? if i uninstall ccleaner does this uninstall the yahoo toolbar as well??

Thanks Rob

Think, i am a little clearer now... does the toolbar install automatically for the default browser? so if IE was the default browser, the ccleaner installer would only install the yahoo toolbar for IE... but if firefox was the deault browser, then the ccleaner installer would only install the yahoo toolbar plugin for firefox?

• Moderators

Like all third party addons included with software it's very highly unlikely that removing CCleaner would remove the toolbar.

I have no ideal how it installs the toolbar for whatever browser is the system default since I only use the Slim build which doesn't include it.

• Moderators

I believe Yahoo Toolbar (and all other cept maybe Bing) will inject into all installed, and compatible, Browsers

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Hey, thanks for the replies,

The only reason i came up with the conclusion that it installs the appropriate toolbar for the default browser is because...

I installed it accidently on firefox, and when i went back into firefox after the install it poped up telling me that yahoo toolbar had installed. then i uninstalled the toolbar using the add on manager on firefox

I assumed that installing the toolbar would naturally just install it for IE, and usually these toolbars show up in add and remove programs - anyway i checked and i couldn't find yahoo toolbar listed so i uninstalled ccleaner and the firefoc yahoo add on (which annoyingly set my default search engine as yahoo) and then i set IE as my default browser...

Reinstalled ccleaner with the yahoo toolbar option enabled and then there it was only on IE no installation on firefox and in the list for add and remove programs

Strange, but i guess clever also

Again thanks for the replies

Rob