Install to All Users & Scan on Shutdown

redcoyote7

I love CCleaner. If I would change anything, I'd like to see the option to install CCleaner to "All User" accounts.

The other thing I'd like to see is a CCleaner scan on shutdown instead or in addition to at startup. We clean spyware and viruses everyday and feel that some viruses sit in the temp internet files section and propagate on startup. Allowing for a scan at shutdown would solve that problem.

I love CCleaner. If I would change anything, I'd like to see the option to install CCleaner to "All User" accounts.

The other thing I'd like to see is a CCleaner scan on shutdown instead or in addition to at startup. We clean spyware and viruses everyday and feel that some viruses sit in the temp internet files section and propagate on startup. Allowing for a scan at shutdown would solve that problem.

An "All User" desktop short-cut can launch CCleaner to auto clean and then shut-down the P.C.

It cleans the system and the individual users profile.

There is no need for it to also purge the other user's profiles which are already clean, unless :-

a) they never bother to use the short-cut, or

B) malware that user "A" allows on-board is able to infect user "B" profile before "A" does auto-clean and shutdown.

Alan

An "All User" desktop short-cut can launch CCleaner to auto clean and then shut-down the P.C.

It cleans the system and the individual users profile.

There is no need for it to also purge the other user's profiles which are already clean, unless :-

a) they never bother to use the short-cut, or

B) malware that user "A" allows on-board is able to infect user "B" profile before "A" does auto-clean and shutdown.

Alan

I may not understand you here. My suggestions are two separate issues. One would be to have CCleaner install to each profile during installation. That way we wouldn't have to go to each individual profile and add the icon to their desktop or run it from within the program files section. Ideally it would happen on install.

The second suggestion is to have an option to scan on shutdown.

Thanks.

I may not understand you here. My suggestions are two separate issues. One would be to have CCleaner install to each profile during installation. That way we wouldn't have to go to each individual profile and add the icon to their desktop or run it from within the program files section. Ideally it would happen on install.

The second suggestion is to have an option to scan on shutdown.

Thanks.

1. You do NOT have to install to each profile - you do not even have to install - you can download the portable version and unzip it where you wish.

2. I strongly suspect that the installer would allow you to choose a destination other than in individual profile,

in fact I would have expected a natural default to be C:\Program Files\Ccleaner,

and why add an icon to each individual profile desktop if you can put it on

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

3. Ccleaner already accepts and obeys the options /AUTO /SHUTDOWN

What more do you want ?

Alan

1. You do NOT have to install to each profile - you do not even have to install - you can download the portable version and unzip it where you wish.

2. I strongly suspect that the installer would allow you to choose a destination other than in individual profile,

in fact I would have expected a natural default to be C:\Program Files\Ccleaner,

and why add an icon to each individual profile desktop if you can put it on

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

3. Ccleaner already accepts and obeys the options /AUTO /SHUTDOWN

What more do you want ?

Alan

I'm just talking for ease of use. We deal with customers who don't know how to use much of the computer let alone specialized programs. I'd just like an option during install that installs an icon on each users profile. Otherwise they don't use it or I have to create the icon for them to use. Yeah it would be perfectly fine to go to the All Users desktop folder. That's what I'm talking about.

Where are the options for /AUTO /SHUTDOWN?

Thanks,

John

• Moderators

If you're installing CCleaner on many clients computers you could cure the manual frustration of making the shortcuts very easily by making a batch file that you run from a USB drive, etc., that will automatically move the desktop icon for you into "All Users\Desktop"

Example (works in WinXP):

move "%userprofile%\Desktop\CCleaner.lnk" "%allusersprofile%\Desktop"

If you're installing CCleaner on many clients computers you could cure the manual frustration of making the shortcuts very easily by making a batch file that you run from a USB drive, etc., that will automatically move the desktop icon for you into "All Users\Desktop"

Example (works in WinXP):

move "%userprofile%\Desktop\CCleaner.lnk" "%allusersprofile%\Desktop"

I appreciate all the suggestions. I was merely making a suggestion on what I'd like to see in the future on the future builds of the program? I see that option in a lot of programs I've installed.

Thanks,

John

• Moderators
I was merely making a suggestion on what I'd like to see in the future on the future builds of the program?

I know. What you've suggested has been something allot of people have posted about over the years. It's the only reason I gave you a workaround since having an All Users shortcut or Start Menu group probably won't happen anytime soon.