I downloaded CCleaner, but where did it go?

richie77

Hi I just downloaded CCleaner and my computer said it downloaded. But I do not see the CCleaner icon on my desktop, CCleaner isn't listed when I go to Start - All Programs, and it's not found in the recycle bin either. If it downloaded, I sure can't figure out where it went. What do I do to correct the situation?

Thanks in advance for the help.

• Moderators

...also if you haven't installed it yet and are trying to locate the setup file use the Windows search function and search for exactly this:

ccsetup

This will find whatever build and version you've downloaded and works for both the .EXE installer and .ZIP portable packages.

If you are using Mozilla Firefox as the browser you used to download CCleaner, go to Tools on the menu bar near the top of the Mozilla Firefox Window, then choose Options and under "Main" tab, you can see which folder your downloaded files are saved.

Go to that folder, and find the file called ccsetup, click it and run the simple installation setup of CCleaner and by default, it is set to create Start Menu and Desktop shortcuts for launching it and from there, you should be good to go.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

...also if you haven't installed it yet and are trying to locate the setup file use the Windows search function and search for exactly this:

ccsetup

This will find whatever build and version you've downloaded and works for both the .EXE installer and .ZIP portable packages.

Yup, thats far better advice than mine. I should now after all these years the installer is called ccsetup, not ccleaner :rolleyes: