uninstalling an unexistant program

ALZU

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question.

Anyway, the thing is I installed RTW (videogame) a long time ago in my old Hard Drive. Then I bought a new PC and a new hard drive but kept the old one too.

Then I deleted RTW from the old (C:) drive and tried to use the CD to install it in the new (D:) drive, but it keeps saying there is an old version of the game :angry: in the PC so I cant reinstall, I was told to use Ccleaner but I dont know what exactly to do with CC.

Help please :(

CCleaner is not a program uninstaller - it has the option but it just runs the Windows uninstaller. First of all download this program - Revo Uninstaller (CNet Link). Find the program in there and delete it. You might have to go into the Program Files folder on your C drive, find it and delete everything. CCleaner will be able to delete the older registry values with the Registry tool, which is maybe what your friend is talking about though.

AJ

Anyway, the thing is I installed RTW (videogame) a long time ago in my old Hard Drive. Then I bought a new PC and a new hard drive but kept the old one too.

Then I deleted RTW from the old (C:) drive and tried to use the CD to install it in the new (D:) drive, but it keeps saying there is an old version of the game :angry: in the PC so I cant reinstall, I was told to use Ccleaner but I dont know what exactly to do with CC.

ALZU, CTskifreak and his suggestions should be followed, the Guy always gives great directions / advice. (many thanks from me)

"What to do with CCleaner?" you ask............well

Mate CC (as you call it) it is "must have / must use" app to be included in ones software tool kit. Used on my 3 XP and Win 7 PC's, Uninstaller is 3 times faster in bringing the installed SW apps list to the screen for action, Start Up really lets you know / choose which & what is happening at start up, allows you to easily disable then re enable, System Restore is the fastest / easiest way to manage restore points. We have not even started on the features, benefits & advantages of Cleaner & Registry Tools Nor do I intend to do so here, do yourself a BIG favour, have a good look and run another great SW application from Piriform

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

Ok thanks for the program quite useful but, I still can't find whatever is causing this. The only good thing is that trying to erase this I cleaned my entire computer from all useless stuff hehe xD. Too bad about this, but ill keep trying anyway thanks for the help.

ALZU, if you haven't already done so, you may need to run "regedit" and manually search for anything to do with RTW in the Registry (use Ctrl + F) to search.

Please remember to make a "backup" of the Registry first.

Hope you don't mind me asking but are happy to perform such a task? and what OS are you running?

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

• Moderators

See here (back up if you use, just in case)

http://www.fileplanet.com/158111/150000/fi...gistry-Cleaner)

Was everything on you new drive new? It wasn't a copy of your other drive you put on there?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

... you may need to run "regedit" and manually search for anything to do with RTW in the Registry (use Ctrl + F) to search.

Nirsoft's free reg scanner http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/regscanner.html is an ideal way to search the registry. It's very fleixble and lists all your search hits; unlike regedit which can only go to 'the next hit'.

Nirsoft's free reg scanner http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/regscanner.html is an ideal way to search the registry. It's very fleixble and lists all your search hits; unlike regedit which can only go to 'the next hit'.

Nice one Marmite, great advice, brought it down, ran it on Win 7 box & yes it is much better to be presented with search results all grouped together, a much safer way to fly.

Many thanks I shall be an avid user and recommend regscanner from here on in.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

Glad you found it useful Tasgandy :)

Nirsoft have some good utilities ... it's worth spending some time having a look though their 'inventory' if you haven't come across the site before.

Nirsoft are great. Got some good stuff from there over the years.

No fate but what we make