Mouse Lag!

LIL NOOB

Does anyone know how mouse movements affect the csrss.exe windows executable?

Well, my in games lag is because of this executable. When the mouse isn't moving everything is fine and that executable's CPU is at 0 %. As soon as I start moving the mouse it jumps to over 40%.

Anything I can do to stop getting this problem?

I know for a fact it is not a virus/malware etc.

I don't use this computer for Internet surfing just to play a few online games..

I guess the only option is to try my wireless mouse and hopefully the problem is gone.

In XP there's an 'Advanced Settings' tab in the properties for the mouse in Device Manager. Sample rate is a common setting among mouses. Depending on the mouse and driver there may be many options. Play around with these...

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

• Moderators

Whoever is using I suspect as an image host or something "impromote.com" is causing this whole topic to drastically lag.

----------

I know all about mouse issues because I just decommissioned my Microsoft Wireless mouse as it was double and quadruple clicking most of the time which was really messing with Explorer.exe and causing it to crash randomly.

Using a good old PS/2 wired mouse at the moment and that solved the problem instantly, albeit now the wire is in the way. Need another wireless.

• Moderators
Well I've been using a wireless mouse and it seems like it's working fine now...I'm guessing it's the mouse since it's abit old.

I might just get another wired mouse.

Please chill out on the all bold. :P

If you search for mouse issues you're having you'll see allot of them are because of using a wireless mouse. One of the most common I noticed was the extra clicking like them automatically double or more clicking - that alone can cause Explorer.exe to crash or you inadvertently running something like say a setup file you want to delete, etc.

Please chill out on the all bold. :P

If you search for mouse issues you're having you'll see allot of them are because of using a wireless mouse. One of the most common I noticed was the extra clicking like them automatically double or more clicking - that alone can cause Explorer.exe to crash or you inadvertently running something like say a setup file you want to delete, etc.

The problem was actually my 4 year old wire mouse..It used to disconnect and reconnect and that was causing me to lag.

I tried a wireless mouse and the problem I had is gone now..I will just get a new wire mouse. xD