urlclassifier3.sqlite

rhino

hi,

just noticing that everytime I run CCleaner and let it delete Firefox data, it now spends some time deleting urlclassifier3.sqlite. The file, after firefox closing, is about 20/25 MB. When reviewing the detailed list in ccleaner, it doesn't appear in FF files, but it does when running ccleaner.

This file, from what I know, contains anti-phishing data (ff contacting google) and I quite admit that it must contain some private data too, but I'd rather have the choice on whether to delete it or not, and there's no option in ccleaner for it. Remaining option if needed is to exclude it.

Every time you delete urlclassifier3.sqlite Firefox will redownload it, (it may be smaller)

If you want to disable it Tools > Options -> Security - un-check the 2nd & 3rd items

The correct size for the file is approx 55 MB.

I have been told before you should only delete this file ONCE, to reduce size

No fate but what we make

my post and the problem is not what it does and how to deactivate it, I know all that, but why CCleaner deletes it when Firefox data is cleared, unless it's, as I said, in the exclude panel. It is not supposed to be deleted by CCleaner....and it happens every time, unless specified otherwise.

i have never once seen it tryed to be deleted or why piriform would add this. Morzilla told me before it contains no private data so why would it be deleted? The only new setting i have seen is compack database. Does this do it?

can you take a screen shot of ccleaner trying to clean this file or where you see it in ccleaner?

No fate but what we make

i have never once seen it tryed to be deleted or why piriform would add this. Morzilla told me before it contains no private data so why would it be deleted? The only new setting i have seen is compack database. Does this do it?

can you take a screen shot of ccleaner trying to clean this file or where you see it in ccleaner?

I'll try to take a screen shot, it appears very quickly while files are being deleted. Otherwise you can't even see it in the detailed view after just the analysis phase, as well as after the running ccleaner phase. Then when you open your Firefox profile folder you see that it's been indeed deleted.

edit: you were on the good path and may be unaware, it's related to "compact database" and I missed that, see screen shot ;)

post-33500-1262456148_thumb.jpg

That was my hunch since researching this file deleting does or can reduce size because it becomes fragmented.

meaning entrys fit into a smaller space.

No fate but what we make

• Moderators
I cannot find "urlclassifier3.sqlite" in my computer. Please explain how to find it so I can delete it. Thanks

It's located in profile folders here (if you have WinXP or newer you can input this into Start->Run to open the folder):

"%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles"