Access denied

Dou

When I click on the type of file I am looking for, it enters the file descriptions, such as jpeg ect, but also enters a red square with a star in the middle and when I click on scan, it comes back access denied?? :( What is happening??

Dou

• Moderators

Hi Dou, and welcome to Piriform.

The red square is there simply to clear the box for a different entry or to leave it blank and scan for all files.

Instructions here referencing that particular function:

http://docs.piriform.com/recuva/using-recu...t-to-search-for

Which Operating System are you using, and which type of file are you searching for?

The red square is there simply to clear the box for a different entry or to leave it blank and scan for all files.

Which Operating System are you using, and which type of file are you searching for?

Hi Dennis, thanks for the quick reply.

I am using XP home, version 2002 Service pack 3.

When I click on the "E" drive that is displayed, and then scan, it tells me access denied. The file name box won't let me type anything in the way of a file path. ???

• Moderators

Are you trying to recover the files from a different User Account, or maybe you don't have admin rights to these files?

You said were looking for a type of file. Was it any type in particular, or have you done a scan with the file box empty?

Are you trying to recover the files from a different User Account, or maybe you don't have admin rights to these files?

You said were looking for a type of file. Was it any type in particular, or have you done a scan with the file box empty?

I have admin rights , and the files are in the same user account.

I am looking for photo files, deleted from Picasa. I am not able to post to the file box, it won't let me do anything to it.

when I press the scan button, it always comes back access denied.

Are you running any security software it sounds like Recuva is being prevented from performing it's low level scanning.

Richard S.

I am running security software, and I'll look at that.Thanks Richard.

Dou