CCleaner doesn't let me remove restore points...

HypNotYzd!

So basically, everytime I try to remove a restore point, CCleaner gives me the following message:

"Error 1722: The RPC server is unavailable"

Any ideas? I really need to remove these because I need a bit of extra space. I also don't want to stop system restore all together just in case I need to backup. What should I do??

Thankyou in advance =)

• Moderators

Click Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > SystemRestore

Choose Create a Restore Point then click Next. Name it and click Create, when the confirmation screen shows the restore point has been created click Close.

Next goto Start Menu > Run > type

cleanmgr

Click OK, Disk Cleanup will open and start calculating the amount of space that can be freed, Once thats finished it will open the Disk Cleanup options screen, click the More Options tab then click Clean up on the system restore area and choose Yes at the confirmation window which will remove all the restore points except the one you just created.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Unfortunately, I can't even access it. When I click on system restore (in the start menu) it gives me this message:

"System restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer and then run system restore again."

I rebooted and then tried again, but it gave me the same message...

It's possible system restore has stopped.

start - control panel - admin tools - Services - (scroll to ) System Restore. Right click and check -properties-

No fate but what we make

• 7 months later...

Regarding the RPC server is unavailable error.

I just solved a similar error when trying to run Speccy. Speccy loaded up fine but displayed the RPC unavailable after each section.

Having recently had a very nasty Rootkit infection, many of the settings on this PC were Fugazzi including the ability to boot into safe mode and to the Recovery Console. Seems the malware infection, which was hidden by the rootkit also stopped and disabled the RPC Locator too.

Take a look in the services START>RUN>services.msc

Make sure that Remote Procedure Call (RPC) AND Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator are started and set to Automatic.

Good luck!

• 1 year later...

I had this problem and, although RPC and RPC Locator were started, as MTField mentioned -- it only was solved for me when I also started the "Volume Shadow Copy" service as well.

I went ahead and changed the properties to automatic, so I would not have this problem again.

• Moderators

Umm yeah because volume shadow is system restore

Dead thread should remain dead though

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com