Set CCleaner for scheduled tasks

tomn

Several questions here about setting CCleaner to run automatically upon loading.

I would like to schedule CCleaner to run as a weekly Windows scheduled task.

I've set up the scheduled task to run "CCleaner.exe" weekly.

However, I don't think this will actually run the cleaner upon loading, but just run the software bringing it to the main options menu.

I've seen the pinned info at the top of this section on how to use Auto/shutdown. I would prefer to have an option that also allows me to run CCleaner manually and not upon loading.

My question is how will this work with Windows task scheduler or maybe it won't I dunno. Can I use the /AUTO/SHUTDOWN commands appended to the run CCLEANER.EXE command line when setting up the scheduled task?

EXample: append here: schedtask2.jpg

Thanks, Tom

Several questions here about setting CCleaner to run automatically upon loading.

I would like to schedule CCleaner to run as a weekly Windows scheduled task.

I've set up the scheduled task to run "CCleaner.exe" weekly.

However, I don't think this will actually run the cleaner upon loading, but just run the software bringing it to the main options menu.

I've seen the pinned info at the top of this section on how to use Auto/shutdown. I would prefer to have an option that also allows me to run CCleaner manually and not upon loading.

My question is how will this work with Windows task scheduler or maybe it won't I dunno. Can I use the /AUTO/SHUTDOWN commands appended to the run CCLEANER.EXE command line when setting up the scheduled task?

Thanks, Tom

Tom,

Here's how I do it in Windows XP and it works fine:

post-23766-1260225203_thumb.png

Also, if you hibernate your system, you may want to remember to check this setting:

post-23766-1260225305_thumb.png