Restore point files not deleted?

lottabull

XPSP3

Ccleaner 2.25.1025

Used Tools->System Restore to delete all but the last restore point.

XP system recovery sees only the last one too.

BUT Defraggler shows files from more than one recovery point in its file list. :huh:

Do the files not get deleted when the recovery point does?

Are the ones Defraggler finds with lower RPxxxx number some sort of orphans that were no longer linked to a restore point?

Huh?!?! Are you two the same person?

I'm sure I am seeing the same issue actually. As I suspected there to be a discrepancy I let my restore points build up over the last week, used JKDefrag to move system volume information folder to some free space to see it clearly. Deleted all available restore points with CCleaner and the block of files shrunk by about 30%. Then ran disk cleanup's delete old restore points and the block of files shrunk to about a tenth of the size.

WinXP Home, CC2.21 (I know it's an old CC version but as far as I'm aware the restore point code hasn't changed in subsequent releases so though it was worth posting)

Have just done the above again to to see if I could repeat it and sure enough running disk cleanup's "Remove old restore points" after deleting all old RPs with CCleaner removes more data than CC did.

Surely a bug or CCleaner missing something it should be deleting.