Ubuntu 9.10

Icedrake

Funnily enough I was just reading about that last night, less that excellent review lol:

http://geeks.pirillo.com/profiles/blogs/ubuntu-910-yeah

I trust Softpedia more than some guy who keeps on saying Ubuntu 9.10 was "balls" every two sentences. His computer was probably messed up. <_< Plus I read a lot of other reviews, who also said that Ubuntu 9.10 was great.

• Moderators

When Vista came out I kept looking at Ubuntu. I tried it multiple times and all of its versions because I wasn't happy with where windows was going. Now that 7 is here I doubt I'm going to pursue switching to linux. (7 has been mostly trouble free)

There are good and bad things with linux. The thing that bothers me most though is the way they do drivers. When they update the distros they will update things like xorg which will break your graphics card drivers and if your product isn't being supported anymore or there isn't an updated driver, guess what? You won't get to use any new releases past the one in which your card has a driver. Same thing goes with the sound system(pulse or alsa). I'm not sure why they do it this way but it drives me nuts. Why are they updating their driver bases every 6 months in some cases.

There are tons of other set backs but the hardware support is the main thing they need to work on.