Will Ccleaner delete recent-files lists of newly-installed programs by default?

psaulm119

Can Ccleaner be set to NOT examine newly-installed programs, and delete their temp and recent file lists, unless I check the boxes? I've had problems with Ccleaner in the past, whereby after I installed a program, it would automatically remove those files, even if I hadn't checked the boxes. Sorry if this isn't clear; I'm not sure how to describe it. Any help would be much appreciated. I did look in the Piriform Docs page but didn't see anything that answered this question.

Try ccleaner>options>exclude

Thanks for the reply. If I understand you correctly, whenever I install a new program, I will have to locate the profile directory that has the MRU for that program, and then place it in the exclude area? I was hoping that there would be some setting like "Don't delete files in new programs unless specifically requested" or perhaps an option to only check was was deleted the previous time the Ccleaner was used....

• Moderators

Well, as there is no "Delete files in new programs" switch to turn on (or off, for that matter) the files you want to keep must be being cleared by some other setting. You could, after you've installed some new software, open CC and right click on each setting in turn and select Analyse. You will then see which setting is removing the files you want to keep, or die of boredom. You could then disable that setting. Or just not run CC after an install until you're happy with it.