Deleting files

TommyTT

Hi!

does anybody know if there is possible to recover deleted documents when i have deleted them with crap cleaner from the recycling bin?i have not chosen secure file deletion,just normal file delition.(fast deletion)Is there any way?i have used the harddrive a few days after i`ve deleted the files to..does it matter? Please help anyone:)

-Tommy

• Moderators

you could try recuva from the same company that makes ccleaner

having used the harddrive some does matter as it will start to overwrite the files, but it's worth a try

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

As hazelnut says, it's tried and tested!

There are lots of bits of software that do the same thing; Recuva is the best free tool I've used.

The thing is, the longer you spend debating the issue but still using your computer, the greater the chances of you overwriting your data (e.g. with temporary files created by browsing internet web pages!). Running Recuva isn't going to harm your system at all and it's not going to decrease your chances of success either. The sooner you do it the better!

To reduce the chances of your Recuva download/install overwriting your deleted files, you should preferably install Recuva on a different drive to the one your deleted files were on.

So if you only have a C: drive, download and install Recuva onto a USB stick. If your files were on the C: drive but you have a D: drive as well, download and install Recuva to your D: drive.

For now, uncheck all of the options on the 'Install options' page to minimise the writes to your C: drive.