CCleaner newest update/ yahoo toolbar problems

Fryan

Hello

The default is checked to install the Yahoo toolbar upon accepting the newest update from CCleaner. I don't know if everyone is aware of this or not, but the Yahoo toolbar is at the very least buggy, if not downright intrusive.

I attempted to use CCleaner to Uninstall it and it won't go away.

Also just in case anyone doesn't know, the "MyYahoo" button on the Yahoo toolbar takes you to a completely different place than the registered Yahoo website, or any of their affiliated websites (AT&T, or other game browsers). It's almost impossible to tell but, if you scroll down to the bottom of the sites index page, you won't see the usual security symbols and the copyright symbols like the REAL site has.... but what you WILL see is language to the following:

"THIS SITE COLLECTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION"

Please tell me how to get rid of this Yahoo crap, including the phishing sites that are obviously part of this Yahoo code somehow.

I love CCleaner. I use it daily. However I installed the update without unchecking that "Yahoo" question and now I am paying for it. Also please turn that off in the install procedure. If someone wants it, make them check the box. Too many Microsoft screw-ups for years are all based on those checkboxes being defaulted to "YES" when they should have been defaulted to "NO".

Thanks for your help and keep up the good work.

Fryan B)

Also please turn that off in the install procedure. If someone wants it, make them check the box. Too many Microsoft screw-ups for years are all based on those checkboxes being defaulted to "YES" when they should have been defaulted to "NO".

You can't blame an applications settings for your own silly misstakes. There is no set rules for what is default.

Please try and take the time to read a option carefully.

No fate but what we make