CCleaner updates

glenstff

I was wondering with so many ccleaner updates lately, are the all in intended for the new Windows 7 release? I am running windows Xp. Should I stick with a pre vista version of ccleaner and which one is the most stable for windows XP.

Thank You

Glen

• Moderators

CCleaner has always been fairly regualrly updated, and you can look at the changelog to see that, however all versions are stable and those few things that are instable/irregular with them are the exact reasons to upgrade. CCleaner will continue to work great for your XP machine throughout these updates and it's suggested to keep updating along with it.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...
CCleaner has always been fairly regualrly updated, and you can look at the changelog to see that, however all versions are stable and those few things that are instable/irregular with them are the exact reasons to upgrade. CCleaner will continue to work great for your XP machine throughout these updates and it's suggested to keep updating along with it.

Thank you....it is not ccleaner I don't trust. but, I am sure windows creators, wish you didn't exist....Ie....microsoft expansive use of cookies to spy on you. Most folk don't even realize this. So, I was really wondering CCleaner was going corporate....and a death of an era....

No matter, thanks for the info and I have and will keep updating. I know you improve the look of the cleaner, but i was upset at the loss of cookie control, ccleaner used to have.....I guess now , firefox does that for me. But, not opera or IE.

Hope I am making sense.....sorry. Thanks for your response.

Glen