Yahoo! fall down go thump

login123

Holy Frijolies, Batman, all my yahoo contacts disappeared. :blink:

There I was, happily editing them, then zzzap, there were none. Have a .csv backup from a long time ago, but gonna be a lot of tedium to get it back right. FYI: Noticed that when I click on the button to "Show All Contacts" IE 7 shuts down.

Been some traffic about yahoo here lately: Tom AZ and Robbie.

I sent them a help request, will post back whatever they say.

Running wxp up to date, Yahoo classic, the usual suspects for av and firewall apps, nothing special on the machine.

edit: I wasn't clear before DennisD's post. What I was doing was changing the actual addresses themselves, that is, change a person's email adress from an old to a new one, or delete a dulpicate contact, etc. That deleting business is not the probelem, I don't think, cause I had been at it for some hours.

edit #2: problem is unrelated to CCleaner. I only ever run it manually, and this just happened all at once, no shutdown, no "Do you REALLY want to..." warning. My guess is some glitch on the yahoo end. Server hiccup, ???

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Thanks for the double check, DennisD. Will just have to wait for the Yahoo guys to reply. :P

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Yahoo put the addresses back. 7.gif Had it done within about 5 hours of the help request.

I learned that your best chance for success is to notify them within 24 hours. They will try to recover messages or address books. Also as DennisD pointed out, you can back the addrs book up to a csv file. That only takes a few seconds, and the file is quite small.

Still don't know what happened, Yahoo is still acting sort of peculiar as pointed out in other threads. But they came through when needed.