Repeated CcSvcHost error alerts from Symantic

I rebuilt my system a couple of weeks ago - 15 Aug 2009 - Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003. I also have Norton (newer version) and AdAware.

I had been using CCleaner on the previous system and was pleased, so I installed CCleaner again.

While online I get a great deal of CcSvcHost alerts trying to execute instruction 0xxxxxxx at location 0000000. It's always location zero. The alert is posted by Symantic.

I uninstalled Ccleaner and have not had any more problems. I suppose each time I want to run Ccleaner, I will install, run and uninstall it.

Is there an incompatiblity between Norton and Ccleaner?

-DJMC

I just tried to send this message to Ccleaner using their form. It was intercepted with a cryptic error message and was not transmitted.

I rebuilt my system a couple of weeks ago - 15 Aug 2009 - Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003. I also have Norton (newer version) and AdAware.

I had been using CCleaner on the previous system and was pleased, so I installed CCleaner again.

While online I get a great deal of CcSvcHost alerts trying to execute instruction 0xxxxxxx at location 0000000. It's always location zero. The alert is posted by Symantic.

I uninstalled Ccleaner and have not had any more problems. I suppose each time I want to run Ccleaner, I will install, run and uninstall it.

Is there an incompatiblity between Norton and Ccleaner?

-DJMC

I just tried to send this message to Ccleaner using their form. It was intercepted with a cryptic error message and was not transmitted.

Let me welcome you here. This is a pretty good and responsive board and the members here will often bend over backwards to try to help you.

That being said, I don't have anything kind to say about Norton, other than to suggest several other antivirus programs such as NOD32 (paid) or AVG (free version), so I won't go into that because I don't let my clients use it.

I will however suggest that rather than installing and uninstalling CCleaner on your system you might try the portable version if you are sticking with the Norton and someone else doesn't have a solution for you.

I know this is only a workaround but if you give a little time someone else will probably be by in a while to try to find the solution to your problem.

• Moderators

The CcSvcHost is actually a Symantec error.

There are no problems that I know of when running these two Norton and Ccleaner together.

I would suggest uninstalling Norton and reinstalling it.

Let us know how you get on.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com